How to Improve the Quality of Writing
Editing and proofreading are two distinct phases of document preparation, but both are very important to improve the quality of article writing.
Some online editing services offer proofreading as a separate service while some offer it as a feature of an editing service. Some practice just in proofreading services. At the end of the day, an editing service can incorporate proofreading however a proofreading service does exclude editing. Nonetheless, both editing and proofreading are needed to improve the quality of writing.
· Performed on the final draft of the article
· Addresses surface-level issues
· Eliminates misspellings, grammatical and punctuation errors, inconsistencies, formatting errors, etc.
· Does not include word count reduction
· Makes already good writing error-free
· Does not require much collaboration with the author
· Shorter turnaround time
· Performed on the first draft of the document and continues till the draft is finalized
· Addresses the core features of writing
· Definition varies according to the scope of editing. PROOFREADINGS, for example, offers three different editing services.
· Enhances the language by making changes for clarity, readability, and smooth narration.
· Includes word reduction, if required
· Overall quality of writing is improved
· Collaborative as it requires the editor to work with the author
· Slightly longer turnaround time, as the amount of work required is more